[§487J-5] Policy and oversight responsibility. (a) By September 1, 2009, each government agency shall designate an agency employee to have policy and oversight responsibilities for the protection of personal information.
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes 487J-5
- county: includes the city and county of Honolulu. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 1-22
- Government agency: means any department, division, board, commission, public corporation, or other agency or instrumentality of the State or of any county. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 487J-1
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
(b) The designated agency employee shall:
(2) Assist individuals who have identity theft and other privacy-related concerns;
(3) Provide education and information to agency staff on privacy and security issues;
(4) Coordinate with state, county, and federal law enforcement agencies on identity theft investigations; and
(5) Recommend policies and practices to protect individual privacy rights relating to the individual’s personal information.