|183B-2||Exemption from environmental impact statement law|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 183B - Hawaiian Fishponds
- Aeronautics: means the science and art of flight, including but not limited to transportation by aircraft; the operation, construction, repair, or maintenance of aircraft, aircraft power plants and accessories, including the repair, packing, and maintenance of parachutes; the design, establishment, construction, extension, operation, improvement, repair, or maintenance of airports, or other air navigation facilities; and instruction in flying or ground subjects pertaining thereto. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 261-1
- Aircraft: means any contrivance now known or hereafter invented, used or designed for navigation of or flight in the air. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 261-1
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Articles of incorporation: include amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of merger. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414-3
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the department of transportation. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 261-1
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Electronic transmission: means any form of communication, not directly involving the physical transmission of paper, that creates a record that may be retained, retrieved, and reviewed by a recipient thereof, and that may be directly reproduced in paper form by such a recipient through an automated process. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414-3
- Employee: includes an officer but not a director. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414-3
- Foreign corporation: means a corporation for profit incorporated under a law other than the law of this State. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414-3
- Hawaiian fishponds: means the unique, traditional system and methodology of aquaculture practiced by the aboriginal people of Hawaii, and found nowhere else in the world. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 183B-1
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, company, association, joint stock association, or body politic; and includes any trustee, receiver, assignee, or other similar representative thereof. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 261-1
- Person: includes individual and entity. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414-3
- Rescission: The cancellation of budget authority previously provided by Congress. The Impoundment Control Act of 1974 specifies that the President may propose to Congress that funds be rescinded. If both Houses have not approved a rescission proposal (by passing legislation) within 45 days of continuous session, any funds being withheld must be made available for obligation.
- Right of rescission: Right to cancel, within three business days, a contract that uses the home of a person as collateral, except in the case of a first mortgage loan. There is no fee to the borrower, who receives a full refund of all fees paid. The right of rescission is guaranteed by the Truth in Lending Act (TILA). Source: OCC
- Shareholder: means the person in whose name shares are registered in the records of a corporation or the beneficial owner of shares to the extent of the rights granted by a nominee certificate on file with a corporation. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414-3
- Shares: means the units into which the proprietary interests in a corporation are divided. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414-3