|187A-32||Alien aquatic organisms; lead agency; rules|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 187A > Part III
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- bonds: means bonds, notes, or other evidences of indebtedness of the State issued pursuant to this part. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 39A-221
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the department of land and natural resources. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 187A-1
- Department: means the department of budget and finance. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 39A-221
- Early childhood education and care facility: means any property used primarily for the care and instruction of children from birth to age five; provided that it shall not include any property to be used primarily for sectarian instruction or study, or as a place for devotional activities or religious worship, or any property used primarily in connection with any part of a program of a school or department of divinity of any religious denomination. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 39A-221
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Project agreement: means any agreement entered into under this part by the department with a project party providing for the issuance of special purpose revenue bonds to finance facilities of a project party or for a project party or to loan the proceeds of such bonds to assist not-for-profit corporations that provide early childhood education and care facilities that serve the general public, including without limitation any loan agreement. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 39A-221
- Project party: means a not-for-profit corporation that provides an early childhood education and care facility that serves the general public. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 39A-221
- refinancing: means the liquidation, retirement, or provision for retirement with the proceeds of bonds issued by the State, of any indebtedness of a project party incurred to finance or aid in financing a lawful purpose of such project party not financed pursuant to this part which constitutes an early childhood education and care facility or consolidation of such indebtedness with indebtedness of the State incurred for an early childhood education and care facility related to the purpose for which the indebtedness of the project party was initially incurred. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 39A-221