|342L-61||Fuel tank advisory committee; established; composition|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 342L > Part IV
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
- Board: means the Hawaii board of veterinary medicine of the State. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 471-1
- county: includes the city and county of Honolulu. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 1-22
- Department: means the department of health. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342L-1
- Director: means the director of health. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342L-1
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Practice of veterinary medicine: means the diagnosis or treatment for the prevention, cure, or relief of, or the giving of advice concerning, a disease, pain, injury, deformity, or other physical condition of an animal, or a change of a physical characteristic of an animal for cosmetic or utility purposes. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 471-1
- tank: means any one or combination of tanks (including pipes connected thereto) used to contain an accumulation of regulated substances, and the volume of which (including the volume of the underground pipes connected thereto) is ten per cent or more beneath the surface of the ground. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342L-1