|663B-2||Equine activities; rebuttable presumption|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 663B
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Business: includes every trade, occupation, profession, and other lawful purpose, whether or not carried on for profit. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Distributional interest: means all of a member's interest in distributions by the limited liability company. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Engages in an equine activity: means riding, training, assisting in medical treatment or physical therapy of, driving, or being a passenger upon an equine, whether mounted or unmounted, or any person assisting a participant or show management. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 663B-1
- Equine: means a horse, pony, mule, donkey, or hinny. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 663B-1
- Equine activity: means :
(1) Equine shows, fairs, competitions, performances, or parades that involve any or all breeds of equines and any of the equine disciplines, including, but not limited to, dressage, hunter and jumper horse shows, grand prix jumping, three-day events, combined training, rodeos, driving, pulling, cutting, polo, steeplechasing, English and western performance riding, endurance trail riding and western games, and hunting;
(2) Equine training or teaching activities, or both;
(3) Boarding equines;
(4) Riding, inspecting, or evaluating an equine belonging to another whether or not the owner has received some monetary consideration or other thing of value for the use of the equine or is permitting a prospective purchaser of the equine to ride, inspect, or evaluate the equine;
(5) Rides, trips, hunts, or other equine activities of any type however informal or impromptu that are sponsored by an equine activity sponsor; and
(6) Placing or replacing horseshoes on an equine. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 663B-1
- Equine activity sponsor: means an individual, group, club, partnership, or corporation, whether or not the sponsor is operating for profit or nonprofit, which sponsors, organizes, or provides the facilities for, an equine activity, including, but not limited to pony clubs, 4-H clubs, hunt clubs, riding clubs, school and college-sponsored classes, programs, and activities, therapeutic riding programs, and operators, instructors, and promoters of equine facilities, including, but not limited to stables, clubhouses, ponyride strings, fairs, and arenas at which the activity is held. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 663B-1
- Equine professional: means a person engaged for compensation in instructing a participant or renting to a participant an equine for the purpose of riding, driving, or being a passenger upon the equine, or in renting equipment or tack to a participant. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 663B-1
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Limited liability company: means a limited liability company organized under this chapter. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Operating agreement: means the agreement under section 428-103 concerning the relations among the members, managers, and limited liability company. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Participant: means any person, whether amateur or professional, who engages in an equine activity, whether or not a fee is paid to participate in the equine activity. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 663B-1
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes any individual or entity. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101