(1) There is hereby created a seed indemnity fund advisory committee appointed by the director consisting of nine (9) members representing the diversity of the industry. Appointments shall be for up to three (3) year terms, each term ending on the same day of the same month as did the term preceding it. Any member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which the member’s predecessor was appointed, shall hold office for the remainder of the predecessor’s term.
(2) The committee shall be composed of seven (7) producers engaged in producing seed crops and two (2) seed buyers or seed buyer representatives.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 22-5124
- Director: means the director of the Idaho state department of agriculture. See Idaho Code 22-5102
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Idaho Code 73-114
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Seed buyer: means any person having a commercial operation, its agents and employees, together with its elevators, mills, buildings, or other structures who owes or has any financial obligation to the producer for seed crop grown by that producer and transferred to the seed buyer. See Idaho Code 22-5102
- Seed crops: means any seed crop regulated by chapter 4, title 22, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 22-5102
(3) The terms of the appointees will be staggered and the initial appointments shall be three (3) producers and one (1) seed buyer for one (1) year terms, two (2) producers for two (2) year terms, and two (2) producers and one (1) seed buyer for three (3) year terms.
(4) The committee shall meet annually at such place and time as it determines and may meet as often as necessary to discharge the duties imposed upon it. Each committee member shall be compensated in accordance with section 59-509(o), Idaho Code, for travel and subsistence expense. The expenses of the committee and its operation shall be paid from the seed indemnity fund.
(5) The committee shall have the power and duty to advise the director concerning assessments, administration of the seed indemnity fund, and payment of claims from the fund. Every two (2) years the committee will review the maximum limits of the fund and give advice to the director.