Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 22 > Chapter 51
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Department: means the Idaho state department of agriculture. See Idaho Code 22-5102
- Director: means the director of the Idaho state department of agriculture. See Idaho Code 22-5102
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Failure: means the date that one (1) or more of the following events occurred, as determined by the director:
Idaho Code 22-5102
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: A government corporation that insures the deposits of all national and state banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System. Source: OCC Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison. Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases. Legal tender: coins, dollar bills, or other currency issued by a government as official money. Source: U.S. Mint Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity. Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement. Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Idaho Code 73-114 National Bank: A bank that is subject to the supervision of the Comptroller of the Currency. The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is a bureau of the U.S. Treasury Department. A national bank can be recognized because it must have "national" or "national association" in its name. Source: OCC Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period. Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses. Person: means any individual, firm, association, corporation, partnership or limited liability company. See Idaho Code 22-5102 person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Producer: means the owner, tenant or operator of land in this state who has an interest in the proceeds from the sale of seed crops grown on that same land. See Idaho Code 22-5102 Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114 Receipt: means a warehouse receipt. See Idaho Code 22-5102 Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant. Scale weight ticket: means a load slip, other than a receipt, given to a producer by a seed buyer for transfer of the seed crop to the seed buyer. See Idaho Code 22-5102 Seed buyer: means any person having a commercial operation, its agents and employees, together with its elevators, mills, buildings, or other structures who owes or has any financial obligation to the producer for seed crop grown by that producer and transferred to the seed buyer. See Idaho Code 22-5102 Seed crops: means any seed crop regulated by chapter 4, title 22, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 22-5102 Seed facility: means :
Idaho Code 22-5102
Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims. State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114 Stored for withdrawal: means the deposit of seed crop with a seed facility by the producer for the subsequent withdrawal by that producer of the same seed crop or similar seed crop, as agreed to by the parties. See Idaho Code 22-5102 Transfer: means , unless otherwise defined by the parties in writing, the event when a producer or his agent delivers seed crop to the seed buyer who then gives the producer or his agent a scale weight ticket, receipt, or other written evidence of transfer. See Idaho Code 22-5102 Written evidence of transfer: means :
Idaho Code 22-5102