The articles of incorporation may be amended by the votes of the stockholders and the members of the corporation, voting separately by classes, and such amendments shall require approval by the affirmative vote of two-thirds (2/3) of the votes to which the stockholders shall be entitled and two-thirds (2/3) of the votes to which the members shall be entitled; provided, that no amendment of the articles of incorporation which is inconsistent with the general purposes expressed herein or which authorizes any additional class of capital stock to be issued, or which eliminates or curtails the right of the director of the department of finance to examine the corporation or the obligation of the corporation to make reports as provided in section 26-2412, shall be made; and provided, further, that no amendment of the articles of incorporation which increases the obligation of a member to make loans to the corporation, or makes any change in the principal amount, interest rate, maturity date, or in the security or credit position of outstanding loan of a member to the corporation, or affects a member’s right to withdraw from membership as provided herein, or affects a member’s voting rights as provided herein, shall be made without the consent of each member affected by such amendment.
Within thirty (30) days after any meeting at which an amendment of the articles of incorporation has been adopted, articles of amendment signed and sworn to by the president, treasurer, and a majority of the directors, setting forth such amendment and due adoption thereof, shall be submitted to the secretary of state, which (who) shall examine them and if he finds that they conform to the requirements of this act, shall so certify and indorse his approval thereon. Thereupon, the articles of amendment shall be filed in the office of the secretary of state and no such amendment shall take effect until such articles of amendment shall have been filed as aforesaid.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 26-2408
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114