(1) A person authorized to make an anatomical gift under section 39-3409, Idaho Code, may make an anatomical gift by a document of gift signed by the person making the gift or by that person’s oral communication that is electronically recorded or is contemporaneously reduced to a record and signed by the individual receiving the oral communication.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 39-3410
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
(2) Subject to subsection (3) of this section, an anatomical gift by a person authorized under section 39-3409, Idaho Code, may be amended or revoked orally or in a record by any member of a prior class who is reasonably available. If more than one (1) member of the prior class is reasonably available, the gift made by a person authorized under section 39-3409, Idaho Code, may be:
(a) Amended only if a majority of the reasonably available members agree to the amending of the gift; or
(b) Revoked only if a majority of the reasonably available members agree to the revoking of the gift or if they are equally divided as to whether to revoke the gift.
(3) A revocation under subsection (2) of this section is effective only if, before an incision has been made to remove a part from the donor’s body or before invasive procedures have begun to prepare the recipient, the procurement organization, transplant hospital, or physician or technician knows of the revocation.