Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 15 > Chapter 2 > Part 2
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Bailiff: a court officer who enforces the rules of behavior in courtrooms.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Donee: The recipient of a gift.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Intestate: Dying without leaving a will.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action, evidences of debt and general intangibles as defined in the uniform commercial code — secured transactions. See Idaho Code 73-114 Probate: Proving a will Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114 Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land. Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals). Right of survivorship: The ownership rights that result in the acquisition of title to property by reason of having survived other co-owners. Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims. State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114 Testate: To die leaving a will. Testator: A male person who leaves a will at death. Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.