|16-1901||Compacts With Other States Authorized|
Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 16 > Chapter 19
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- commodity: means any grain, wheat, barley, oats, corn, rye, oilseeds, dry edible beans, peas, lentils and other leguminous seeds and feeds (not including minerals or seed crops) or any other commodity as determined by the director. See Idaho Code 69-202
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Contract: means a written agreement between two (2) or more parties for the sale of an agricultural commodity stipulating the terms and conditions of performance of the parties and includes, but is not limited to, those contracts commonly referred to as credit sales, deferred payment, delayed, production, bailment or price later contracts. See Idaho Code 69-202
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- dealer: means any person who solicits, contracts for, or obtains from an Idaho producer or producers, title, possession or control of any agricultural commodity through his place of business located in the state of Idaho or through his place of business located outside the state of Idaho for the purposes of sale or resale or who buys, during a calendar year, at least ten thousand dollars ($10,000) worth of agricultural commodities from an Idaho producer or producers of the commodities. See Idaho Code 69-202
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- delivery: means the physical transfer of agricultural commodity from one (1) party to another. See Idaho Code 69-202
- Department: means the Idaho state department of agriculture. See Idaho Code 69-202
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Deposition: An oral statement made before an officer authorized by law to administer oaths. Such statements are often taken to examine potential witnesses, to obtain discovery, or to be used later in trial.
- Depositor: means any person who deposits an agricultural commodity in an Idaho state licensed warehouse for storage, handling, processing, reconditioning or shipment, or who is the owner or legal holder of a negotiable warehouse receipt, outstanding scale weight ticket, nonnegotiable warehouse receipt or other evidence of such deposit, or any person whose agricultural commodity has been sold to or is under control of a warehouseman for selling, processing, reconditioning or handling whether or not such agricultural commodity is within the warehouse. See Idaho Code 69-202
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Director: means the director of the Idaho state department of agriculture. See Idaho Code 69-202
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Failure: means the date that one (1) or more of the following events occurred, as determined by the director:
Idaho Code 69-202
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: A government corporation that insures the deposits of all national and state banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System. Source: OCC Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison. Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006. Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value. Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs. Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC Interest holder liability: means :
Idaho Code 30-22-102
Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases. Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity. Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants. Merger: means a transaction in which two (2) or more merging entities are combined into a surviving entity pursuant to a record filed by the secretary of state. See Idaho Code 30-22-102 Merging entity: means an entity that is a party to a merger and exists immediately before the merger becomes effective. See Idaho Code 30-22-102 Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement. Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Idaho Code 73-114 Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan. National Bank: A bank that is subject to the supervision of the Comptroller of the Currency. The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is a bureau of the U.S. Treasury Department. A national bank can be recognized because it must have "national" or "national association" in its name. Source: OCC Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period. Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program. Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses. person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Person: means any individual, firm, association, corporation, partnership or limited liability company. See Idaho Code 69-202 Plan: means a plan of merger, plan of interest exchange, plan of conversion or plan of domestication. See Idaho Code 30-22-102 Plan of merger: means a plan under section 30-22-202, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 30-22-102 Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way. Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law. Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed. Producer: means the owner, tenant or operator of land in this state who has an interest in the proceeds from the sale of agricultural commodities produced on that land. See Idaho Code 69-202 Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114 Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business. Receipt: means a warehouse receipt. See Idaho Code 69-202 Registered mail: includes certified mail. See Idaho Code 73-114 Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant. Revocation: means the permanent removal of a warehouse license following a hearing on violations of this chapter by the hearing officer or director. See Idaho Code 69-202 Roll call vote : A vote in which each legislator votes "yea" or "nay" as his or her name is called by the Clerk, so that the names of legislators voting on each side are recorded. seal: includes an impression of such seal upon the paper, alone, as well as upon wax or a wafer affixed thereto; or, alternatively, the seal may be the mark of a rubber stamp providing substantially the same information as the impression. See Idaho Code 73-111 Seed crops: means any seed crop regulated by chapter 4, title 22, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 69-202 Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party. Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims. State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114 Statute: A law passed by a legislature. Statutes at large: A chronological listing of the laws enacted each Congress. They are published in volumes numbered by Congress. Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony. Surviving entity: means the entity that continues in existence after or is created by a merger under part 2 of this chapter. See Idaho Code 30-22-102 Suspension: means the temporary removal of a warehouse license by the department pending a hearing for violations of this chapter. See Idaho Code 69-202 Termination: means the expiration of a warehouse license due to failure to meet minimum licensing requirements, failure to renew a warehouse license or as requested by the licensee, unless a complaint has been filed against the licensee alleging a violation of any provision of this chapter. See Idaho Code 69-202 Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries. Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition. Transfer: means , unless otherwise defined by the parties in writing, the event when a producer or his agent delivers a commodity to a warehouseman, who then weighs the commodity, and gives the producer or his agent a scale weight ticket or other written evidence of transfer. See Idaho Code 69-202 Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust. Uniform Commercial Code: A set of statutes enacted by the various states to provide consistency among the states' commercial laws. It includes negotiable instruments, sales, stock transfers, trust and warehouse receipts, and bills of lading. Source: OCC Warehouse receipt: means every receipt, whether negotiable or nonnegotiable, issued by a warehouseman, except scale weight tickets. See Idaho Code 69-202 warehouseman: means any elevator, mill, warehouse, subterminal commodity warehouse, public warehouse or other structure or facility in which agricultural commodities are received for storage, shipment, processing, reconditioning or handling. See Idaho Code 69-202