|18-5501||Poisoning Food, Medicine or Wells|
|18-5502||Denatured Alcohol — Regulation of Sale and Transfer|
|18-5503||Punishment for Violation of Preceding Section|
Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 18 > Chapter 55
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Agent: means an authorized person who acts on behalf of or at the direction of a manufacturer, distributor or dispenser. See Idaho Code 37-2701
- Board: means the state board of pharmacy created in chapter 17, title 54, Idaho Code, or its successor agency. See Idaho Code 37-2701
- Controlled substance: means a drug, substance or immediate precursor in schedules I through VI of article II of this chapter. See Idaho Code 37-2701
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Manufacture: means the production, preparation, propagation, compounding, conversion or processing of a controlled substance, and includes extraction, directly or indirectly, from substances of natural origin, or independently by means of chemical synthesis, or by a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis, and includes any packaging or repackaging of the substance or labeling or relabeling of its container, except that this term does not include the preparation or compounding of a controlled substance:
Idaho Code 37-2701
Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement. Oath: A promise to tell the truth. Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses. Peace officer: means any duly appointed officer or agent of a law enforcement agency, as defined herein, including, but not limited to, a duly appointed investigator or agent of the Idaho state police, an officer or employee of the board of pharmacy, who is authorized by the board to enforce this chapter, an officer of the Idaho state police, a sheriff or deputy sheriff of a county, or a marshal or policeman of any city. See Idaho Code 37-2701 Person: means individual, corporation, government, or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Idaho Code 37-2701 person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law. Production: includes the manufacture, planting, cultivation, growing, or harvesting of a controlled substance. See Idaho Code 37-2701 Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114 State: when applied to a part of the United States, includes any state, district, commonwealth, territory, insular possession thereof, and any area subject to the legal authority of the United States of America. See Idaho Code 37-2701 Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony. Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence. Utility: means any person, association, partnership or corporation providing telephone and/or communication services, electricity, natural gas or water to the public. See Idaho Code 37-2701