Idaho Code > Title 19 > Chapter 2 – Prevention of Public Offenses
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 19 > Chapter 2 - Prevention of Public Offenses
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Case law: The law as laid down in cases that have been decided in the decisions of the courts.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Jury instructions: A judge's directions to the jury before it begins deliberations regarding the factual questions it must answer and the legal rules that it must apply. Source: U.S. Courts
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114 State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114 Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.