Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 39 > Chapter 59
- Applicant: means an entity submitting documents required by the department for the purpose of requesting a grant from the rural health care access and physician incentive program. See Idaho Code 39-5903
- Application period: means the time period from July 1 to August 30 of the state fiscal year for which funding is requested. See Idaho Code 39-5903
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Board: means the joint health care access and physician incentive grant review board. See Idaho Code 39-5903
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Department: means the department of health and welfare. See Idaho Code 39-5903
- Director: means the director of the department of health and welfare. See Idaho Code 39-5903
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Germane: On the subject of the pending bill or other business; a strict standard of relevance.
- Grant period: means the time immediately following the application period from July 1 through June 30 (state fiscal year) for which funding is granted. See Idaho Code 39-5903
- Medically underserved area: means a geographic area which the U. See Idaho Code 39-5903
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Idaho Code 73-114
- Nurse practitioner: means a health care provider licensed pursuant to chapter 14, title 54, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 39-5903
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Physician assistant: means a health care provider licensed pursuant to chapter 18, title 54, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 39-5903 Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114 Qualified medical education debt: means a debt with a financial aid program or financial institution incurred to meet the educational costs of attending a medical school. See Idaho Code 39-5903 Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business. Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land. Rural health care access and physician incentive program: means the program that administers the rural health care access and physician incentive funds. See Idaho Code 39-5903 Rural health care access grant: means a grant awarded pursuant to this chapter. See Idaho Code 39-5903 Rural physician incentive fee: means the fee assessed by the state to students preparing to be physicians in the fields of medicine or osteopathic medicine who are supported by the state pursuant to an interstate compact for professional education in those fields, as those fields are defined by the compact. See Idaho Code 39-5903 Rural physician incentive fund: means the special revenue account in the state treasury created pursuant to section 39-5902, Idaho Code, relating to the rural health care access and physician incentive grant program. See Idaho Code 39-5903 State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114 Statute: A law passed by a legislature.