|48-701||Liability for Removing or Concealing Merchandise — Retail Theft|
|48-702||Liability for Acts of Minors|
|48-704||Authorized Actions of Merchants|
|48-705||Notice of Right of Detention|
Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 48 > Chapter 7
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Merchandise: means any personal property displayed, held or offered for sale by a merchant. See Idaho Code 48-703
- Merchant: means an owner or operator, and the agent, consignee, employee, lessee, or officer of an owner or operator, of any merchant’s premises. See Idaho Code 48-703
- Minor: means any person less than eighteen (18) years of age. See Idaho Code 48-703
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action, evidences of debt and general intangibles as defined in the uniform commercial code — secured transactions. See Idaho Code 73-114 Premises: means any establishment or part thereof wherein merchandise is displayed, held or offered for sale. See Idaho Code 48-703 Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114 Retail theft: means the alteration, transfer, or removal of any label, price tag, marking, indicia of value or any other markings which aid in the determination of value of any merchandise displayed, held, stored, or offered for sale, in a retail mercantile establishment, for the purpose of attempting to purchase such merchandise either personally or in consort with another, at less than the retail value with the intention of depriving the merchant of the value of such merchandise. See Idaho Code 48-703