Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-3
- Board: means a Board of a Community College District. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Faculty Member: means a full time employee of the District regularly engaged in teaching or academic support services, but excluding supervisors, administrators and clerical employees. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
- Notice: means a written notice delivered in person or deposited in the U. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
- School Year: means a regular academic year or its equivalent excluding summer school. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
- Term: means a term within a school year. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 805/3B-1
Every Board shall provide by rule or contract for a procedure to evaluate the performance and qualifications of non-tenure faculty members. If the implementation of such procedure results in a decision to dismiss a non-tenure faculty member for the ensuing school year or term, the Board shall give notice thereof to the faculty member not later than 60 days before the end of the school year or term. The specific reasons for the dismissal shall be confidential but shall be issued to the teacher upon request. If the Board fails to give such notice, within the time period, the faculty member shall be deemed reemployed for the ensuing school year. If the Board fails to give such notice within the time provided during the third year, or during the fourth year in the case of a one year extension, the faculty member shall enter upon tenure during the ensuing school year or term.