Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes 205 ILCS 5/67
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: A government corporation that insures the deposits of all national and state banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System. Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- State: when applied to different parts of the United States, may be construed to include the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14
Whenever the Commissioner shall have taken possession and control of a state bank and its assets for the purpose of examination, reorganization or liquidation through receivership, or whenever the Commissioner shall have appointed a receiver for a bank, other than the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and filed a complaint for the dissolution or for the winding up of the affairs of a bank, and the bank denies the grounds for such actions, it may at any time within ten days apply to the Circuit Court of Sangamon County, Illinois, to enjoin further proceedings in the premises; and such court shall cite the Commissioner to show cause why further proceedings should not be enjoined, and if the court shall find that such grounds do not exist, the court shall make an order enjoining the Commissioner and any receiver acting under his direction from all further proceedings on account of such alleged grounds, provided that neither the ten days allowed by this Section 67 for judicial review nor the pendency of any proceedings for judicial review shall operate to defer, delay, impede or prevent the payment or acquisition by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation of the deposit liabilities of the state bank which are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and during said period allowed for judicial review and during the pendency of any proceedings for judicial review under this Section 67, the Commissioner or, as the case may be, the receiver, shall make available to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation such facilities in or of the state bank and such books, records and other relevant data of the state bank as may be necessary or appropriate to enable the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation to pay out or to acquire the insured deposit liabilities of the state bank, and said Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and its directors, officers, agents and employees, and the Commissioner and his agents and employees, including the receiver, if any, shall be free from any liability to the state bank and its stockholders and creditors for or on account of any matter or thing in this proviso referred to or provided for.