(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2026)
(a) A person is qualified to receive a license as a nail technology teacher if that person has filed an application on forms provided by the Department, paid the required fee, and:
(1) is at least 18 years of age;
(2) has graduated from high school or its equivalent;
(3) has a current license as a cosmetologist or nail
(4) has either: (1) completed a program of 500 hours
of teacher training in a licensed school of nail technology or cosmetology, and had 2 years of practical experience as a nail technician; or (2) has completed a program of 625 hours of teacher training in a licensed school of cosmetology approved to teach nail technology or school of nail technology; and
(5) who has passed an examination authorized by the
Department to determine eligibility to receive a license as a cosmetology or nail technology teacher.
(b) An applicant who receives a license as a nail technology teacher shall not be required to maintain a license as a nail technician.