Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes 625 ILCS 5/18c-4308
- Carrier: means any motor carrier or rail carrier other than a private carrier. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 625 ILCS 5/18c-1104
- Commission: means the Illinois Commerce Commission. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 625 ILCS 5/18c-1104
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Person: means any natural person or legal entity, whether such entity is a proprietorship, partnership, corporation, association, or other entity, and, where a provision concerns the acts or omissions of a person, includes the partners, officers, employees, and agents of the person, as well as any trustees, assignees, receivers, or personal representatives of the person. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 625 ILCS 5/18c-1104
The Commission may, on its own motion or on complaint, investigate and determine whether violations of this Article have occurred. When the Commission determines that a carrier or other person is violating the provisions of this Article it shall by order require the carrier or other person to take whatever action is necessary to prevent continuance of the violation, and may, in addition, impose sanctions as provided in this Chapter.