(a) Except as otherwise provided in Section 15, if a depicted individual is identifiable to a reasonable person and suffers harm from the intentional dissemination or threatened dissemination by a person over the age of 18 of a private sexual image without the depicted individual’s consent, the depicted individual has a cause of action against the person if the person knew:
(1) the depicted individual did not consent to the
(2) the image was a private sexual image; and
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes 740 ILCS 190/10
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.36
(3) the depicted individual was identifiable.
(b) The following conduct by a depicted individual does not establish by itself that the individual consented to the nonconsensual dissemination of a private sexual image that is the subject of an action under this Act or that the individual lacked a reasonable expectation of privacy:
(1) consent to creation of the image; or
(2) previous consensual disclosure of the image.
(c) Nothing in this Act shall be construed to impose liability on an interactive computer service, as defined in 47 U.S.C. 230(f)(2), for content provided by another person.