Illinois Compiled Statutes > 605 ILCS 30 – Bikeway Act
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 605 ILCS 30 - Bikeway Act
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Authority: means a School Finance Authority created under this Article. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 105 ILCS 5/1E-10
- County board: means the board of county commissioners in counties not under township organization, and the board of supervisors in counties under township organization, and the board of commissioners of Cook County. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.07
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.36
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.