Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 625 ILCS 45 > Article IIIB - Security Interests
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- State: when applied to different parts of the United States, may be construed to include the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- United States: may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14