Illinois Compiled Statutes > 750 ILCS 80 – Religious Freedom and Marriage Fairness Act
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 750 ILCS 80 - Religious Freedom and Marriage Fairness Act
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Civil forfeiture: The loss of ownership of property used to conduct illegal activity.
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- Units of local government: has the meaning established in Section 1 of Article VII of the Constitution of the State of Illinois of 1970. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.28