|§ 755 ILCS 25/0.01||Short title|
|§ 755 ILCS 25/1||An otherwise valid transfer of property, in trust or otherwise, by a …|
|§ 755 ILCS 25/2||This Act takes effect upon becoming a law and applies to savings …|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 755 ILCS 25 - Lifetime Transfer of Property Act
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- County board: means the board of county commissioners in counties not under township organization, and the board of supervisors in counties under township organization, and the board of commissioners of Cook County. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.07
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Freedom of Information Act: A federal law that mandates that all the records created and kept by federal agencies in the executive branch of government must be open for public inspection and copying. The only exceptions are those records that fall into one of nine exempted categories listed in the statute. Source: OCC
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Petty offense: A federal misdemeanor punishable by six months or less in prison. Source: U.S. Courts
- Testify: Answer questions in court.