Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 755 ILCS 66 - Disposition of Remains of the Indigent Act
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- State: when applied to different parts of the United States, may be construed to include the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14