|20 ILCS 1505||Civil Administrative Code of Illinois. (Department of Labor Law)|
|20 ILCS 1510||Illinois Guaranteed Job Opportunity Act|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > Chapter 20 > Dpt Of Labor
- Aggregate extension base: means the taxing district's last preceding aggregate extension as adjusted under Sections 18-135, 18-215, 18-230, and 18-206. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 35 ILCS 200/18-185
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Commercial motor vehicle: means any self propelled or towed vehicle used on public highways in interstate and intrastate commerce to transport passengers or property when the vehicle has a gross vehicle weight, a gross vehicle weight rating, a gross combination weight, or a gross combination weight rating of 10,001 or more pounds; or the vehicle is used or designed to transport more than 15 passengers, including the driver; or the vehicle is designed to carry 15 or fewer passengers and is operated by a contract carrier transporting employees in the course of their employment on a highway of this State; or the vehicle is used or designed to transport between 9 and 15 passengers, including the driver, for direct compensation; or the vehicle is used in the transportation of hazardous materials in a quantity requiring placarding under the Illinois Hazardous Materials Transportation Act. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 625 ILCS 5/18b-101
- Committee membership: Legislators are assigned to specific committees by their party. Seniority, regional balance, and political philosophy are the most prominent factors in the committee assignment process.
- Credit bureau: An agency that collects individual credit information and sells it for a fee to creditors so they can make a decision on granting loans. Typical clients include banks, mortgage lenders, credit card companies, and other financing companies. (Also commonly referred to as consumer-reporting agency or credit-reporting agency.) Source: OCC
- decree: is synonymous with the word "judgment". See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.24
- Dispatcher: means any person who, as an employee or agent of a commercial vehicle relocator, dispatches vehicles to or from locations from which operators perform removal activities; and
(7) "Dispatcher's employment permit" means a license issued to a dispatcher in accordance with Sections 18a-407 or 18a-408 of this Chapter. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 625 ILCS 5/18a-100
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Garnishment: Generally, garnishment is a court proceeding in which a creditor asks a court to order a third party who owes money to the debtor or otherwise holds assets belonging to the debtor to turn over to the creditor any of the debtor
- Legacy: A gift of property made by will.
- limiting rate: means a fraction the numerator of which is the last preceding aggregate extension base times an amount equal to one plus the extension limitation defined in this Section and the denominator of which is the current year's equalized assessed value of all real property in the territory under the jurisdiction of the taxing district during the prior levy year. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 35 ILCS 200/18-185
- National Credit Union Administration: The federal regulatory agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions. (NCUA also administers the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, which insures the deposits of federal credit unions.) Source: OCC
- New property: means (i) the assessed value, after final board of review or board of appeals action, of new improvements or additions to existing improvements on any parcel of real property that increase the assessed value of that real property during the levy year multiplied by the equalization factor issued by the Department under Section 17-30, (ii) the assessed value, after final board of review or board of appeals action, of real property not exempt from real estate taxation, which real property was exempt from real estate taxation for any portion of the immediately preceding levy year, multiplied by the equalization factor issued by the Department under Section 17-30, including the assessed value, upon final stabilization of occupancy after new construction is complete, of any real property located within the boundaries of an otherwise or previously exempt military reservation that is intended for residential use and owned by or leased to a private corporation or other entity, (iii) in counties that classify in accordance with Section 4 of Article IX of the Illinois Constitution, an incentive property's additional assessed value resulting from a scheduled increase in the level of assessment as applied to the first year final board of review market value, and (iv) any increase in assessed value due to oil or gas production from an oil or gas well required to be permitted under the Hydraulic Fracturing Regulatory Act that was not produced in or accounted for during the previous levy year. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 35 ILCS 200/18-185
- Officer: means Illinois State Police Officer. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 625 ILCS 5/18b-101
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Person: means any natural person or individual, governmental body, firm, association, partnership, copartnership, joint venture, company, corporation, joint stock company, trust, estate or any other legal entity or their legal representative, agent or assigns. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 625 ILCS 5/18b-101
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Public or community service: means
uncompensated labor for a not-for-profit organization or public body whose purpose is to enhance physical or mental stability of the offender, environmental quality or the social welfare and which agrees to accept public or community service from offenders and to report on the progress of the offender and the public or community service to the court or to the authorized diversion program that has referred the offender for public or community service. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 705 ILCS 405/5-105
(2) "Commission" means the Illinois Commerce Commission;
(3) "Operator" means any person who, as an employee of a commercial vehicle relocator, removes trespassing vehicles from private property by means of towing or otherwise. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 625 ILCS 5/18a-100