(1) motor driven, either by gas or electricity;
(2) used to carry passengers or equipment; and
(3) smaller than the types of motor vehicles required to be registered by the bureau of motor vehicles such as a:
(A) passenger motor vehicle (as defined in IC 9-13-2-123);
(B) recreational vehicle (as defined in IC 9-13-2-150); or
(C) truck (as defined in IC 9-13-2-188).
A motorized cart may be characterized as a golf cart, utility cart, or similar form of motor vehicle.
(b) The term does not include:
(1) an electric personal assistive mobility device (as defined in IC 9-13-2-49.3);
(2) a motorcycle (as defined in IC 9-13-2-108);
(3) a motor driven cycle (as defined in IC 9-13-2-104.1);
(4) an off-road vehicle; or
(5) an electric foot scooter (as defined in IC 9-13-2-49.4).
As added by P.L.225-2005, SEC.14. Amended by P.L.221-2014, SEC.86; P.L.142-2019, SEC.10.