(1) without benefit of a road; and
(2) on or immediately over land, water, snow, ice, marsh, swampland, or other natural terrain.
(b) The term includes the following:
(1) A multiwheel drive or low pressure tire vehicle.
(2) An amphibious machine.
(3) A ground effect air cushion vehicle.
(4) An all-terrain vehicle (as defined in section 5.7 of this chapter).
(5) A recreational off-highway vehicle (as defined in section 233.5 of this chapter).
(6) Other means of transportation deriving motive power from a source other than muscle or wind.
(c) The term does not include the following:
(1) A farm vehicle being used for farming, including, but not limited to, a farm wagon (as defined in IC 9-13-2-60(2)).
(2) A vehicle used for military or law enforcement purposes.
(3) A construction, mining, or other industrial related vehicle used in performance of the vehicle’s common function, including, but not limited to, a farm wagon (as defined in IC 9-13-2-60(2)).
(4) A snowmobile (as defined by section 261 of this chapter).
(5) A registered aircraft.
(6) Any other vehicle properly registered by the bureau of motor vehicles.
(7) Any watercraft that is registered under Indiana statutes.
(8) A golf cart vehicle.
(9) An electric bicycle (as defined in IC 9-13-2-49.2).
[Pre-1995 Recodification Citation: 14-1-3-1(f).]
As added by P.L.1-1995, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.225-2005, SEC.6; P.L.150-2009, SEC.21; P.L.86-2010, SEC.3; P.L.256-2017, SEC.183; P.L.206-2019, SEC.12.