Sec. 1. Any of the following may sign and file a petition for the juvenile court to require a person to refrain from direct or indirect contact with a child:
(1) The prosecuting attorney.
(2) A probation officer.
Terms Used In Indiana Code 31-37-25-1
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- juvenile: as used in this article means any person who is a minor under the law of the state of residence of the parent, guardian, person or agency entitled to the legal custody of such minor. See Indiana Code 31-37-23-1
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
(3) The department of correction.
(4) The guardian ad litem or court appointed special advocate.
As added by P.L.133-2002, SEC.38. Amended by P.L.145-2006, SEC.356; P.L.146-2008, SEC.662.