Indiana Code 4-12-4-10. Establishment of fund; contents; administration
(b) The fund consists of:
Terms Used In Indiana Code 4-12-4-10
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- fund: refers to the Indiana tobacco use prevention and cessation trust fund created by this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-12-4-2
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
(2) appropriations to the fund from other sources;
(3) grants, gifts, and donations intended for deposit in the fund; and
(4) interest that accrues from money in the fund.
(c) The fund shall be administered by the state department of health. Notwithstanding IC § 5-13, the treasurer of state shall invest the money in the fund not currently needed to meet the obligations of the fund in the same manner as money is invested by the Indiana public retirement system under IC § 5-10.3-5. The treasurer of state may contract with investment management professionals, investment advisors, and legal counsel to assist in the investment of the fund and may pay the expenses incurred under those contracts from the fund. Money in the fund at the end of a state fiscal year does not revert to the state general fund.
(d) All income and assets of the executive board deposited in the fund are for the use of the state department of health after appropriation.
As added by P.L.21-2000, SEC.2. Amended by P.L.291-2001, SEC.53; P.L.229-2011, SEC.46; P.L.35-2012, SEC.17.