Indiana Code 4-12-4-9. Termination of tobacco use prevention and cessation executive board; additional powers of department of health
(1) all assets, obligations, powers, and duties of the executive board are transferred to the state department of health; and
Terms Used In Indiana Code 4-12-4-9
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
(b) In addition to any other power granted by this chapter, the state department of health may:
(1) adopt rules under IC § 4-22-2 to carry out this chapter;
(2) accept gifts, devises, bequests, grants, loans, appropriations, revenue sharing, other financing and assistance, and any other aid from any source and agree to and comply with conditions attached to that aid;
(3) make, execute, and effectuate any and all contracts, agreements, or other documents with any governmental agency or any person, corporation, limited liability company, association, partnership, or other organization or entity necessary or convenient to accomplish the purposes of this chapter, including contracts for the provision of all or any portion of the services the state department of health considers necessary;
(4) recommend legislation to the governor and general assembly;
(5) make recommendations to the governor, the budget agency, and the general assembly concerning the priorities for appropriation and distribution of money from the Indiana health care account established by IC § 4-12-5-3; and
(6) do any and all acts and things necessary, proper, or convenient to carry out this chapter.
As added by P.L.21-2000, SEC.2. Amended by P.L.197-2011, SEC.4; P.L.229-2011, SEC.45; P.L.6-2012, SEC.12.