(b) As used in this chapter, “state agency” means an authority, board, branch, commission, committee, department, division, or other instrumentality of the executive, including the administrative, department of state government. The term “state agency” does not include the judicial or legislative departments of state government, nor does that term include a state educational institution.
Terms Used In Indiana Code 4-13-1-1
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
(1) The judicial department of state government.
(2) The legislative department of state government.
(3) A state educational institution.
(4) A political subdivision (as defined in IC 36-1-2-13).
(5) A body corporate and politic created by statute.
Formerly: Acts 1961, c.269, s.1. As amended by Acts 1981, P.L.32, SEC.2; P.L.28-1983, SEC.2; P.L.14-1984, SEC.1; P.L.2-2007, SEC.33.