(1) county, township, city, incorporated town;
Terms Used In Indiana Code 5-1-2-1
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
(3) other political, municipal, public or quasi-public corporation, special assessment or taxing district, or any authorized body of that corporation or district;
for a specific project shall not lapse at the end of the year in which the appropriation was made, but shall remain in full force and effect without reappropriation until the purpose for which the appropriation was made has been accomplished or abandoned.
Formerly: Acts 1967, c.150, s.1. As amended by P.L.47-1989, SEC.1; P.L.41-1993, SEC.2; P.L.2-2007, SEC.65.