Sec. 1. The commission, an Indiana law enforcement agency, the office of the sheriff of a county, or an organized police department of a municipal corporation may enforce this article to the extent necessary to ensure the state’s compliance with:
(1) Section 1926 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 300x-26); and
(2) implementing regulations promulgated by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
Terms Used In Indiana Code 7.1-6-2-1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Sheriff: means the sheriff of the county or another person authorized to perform sheriff's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
As added by P.L.256-1996, SEC.2.