|Chapter 1||Livestock Breeders Associations|
|Chapter 2||Indiana Standardbred Advisory Board|
|Chapter 3||Regulation of Horse Racing|
|Chapter 4||Racing Pigeons|
|Chapter 6||Livestock Brands|
|Chapter 7||Commercial Feed|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 15 > Article 19
- board: refers to the Indiana standardbred advisory board established by section 2 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 15-19-2-1
- board: refers to the Indiana state board of animal health established by IC 15-17-3-1. See Indiana Code 15-19-6-2
- board: refers to the public highway private enterprise review board established by section 5 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-3-19-1
- brand: means a distinctive design or mark of identification made or applied to the hide on livestock by the use of a hot iron or by any other method or process approved by the board. See Indiana Code 15-19-6-3
- brand name: means a word, name, symbol, or device or any combination of words, names, symbols, graphics, or devices that identifies the commercial feed of a distributor and distinguishes it from that of other distributors. See Indiana Code 15-19-7-1
- commercial feed: means all materials, or combinations of materials, that are distributed or intended for distribution for use as feed or for mixing in feed, except as exempted in this section. See Indiana Code 15-19-7-2
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- customer formula feed: means commercial feed that consists of a mixture of commercial feeds or feed ingredients, each batch of which is mixed to meet the request of the final purchaser that the mixture contain a specific content of ingredients, nutrients, or nonnutritive additives. See Indiana Code 15-19-7-3
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- distribute: means to:
Indiana Code 15-19-7-4
- distributor: means a person who distributes. See Indiana Code 15-19-7-5
- drug: means :
Indiana Code 15-19-7-6
- feed ingredient: means each of the constituent materials making up a commercial feed. See Indiana Code 15-19-7-7
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- horse: includes a stallion, mare, filly, gelding, colt, donkey, or mule. See Indiana Code 15-19-3-2
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- label: means a display of written, printed, or graphic matter upon or affixed to the container in which a commercial feed is distributed or on the invoice or delivery slip with which a commercial feed is distributed. See Indiana Code 15-19-7-8
- labeling: means all labels and other written, printed, or graphic matter:
Indiana Code 15-19-7-9
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- livestock: means :
Indiana Code 15-19-6-4
- manufacture: means to grind, mix, blend, or further process a commercial feed for distribution. See Indiana Code 15-19-7-10
- official sample: means a sample of feed taken by the state chemist or the chemist's agent in accordance with section 35(c) or 36 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 15-19-7-12
- percentage: means percentage by weight. See Indiana Code 15-19-7-13
- person: includes an individual, a firm, an association, a partnership, a corporation, other legal entity, a public or private institution, the state, a municipal corporation, or a political subdivision of the state. See Indiana Code 15-19-6-5
- person: includes individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations, and associations. See Indiana Code 15-19-7-14
- Personal property: includes goods, chattels, evidences of debt, and things in action. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- pet: means a dog or cat. See Indiana Code 15-19-7-15
- pet food: means a commercial feed prepared and distributed for consumption by dogs or cats. See Indiana Code 15-19-7-16
- President pro tempore: A constitutionally recognized officer of the Senate who presides over the chamber in the absence of the Vice President. The President Pro Tempore (or, "president for a time") is elected by the Senate and is, by custom, the Senator of the majority party with the longest record of continuous service.
- product name: means the name of the commercial feed that:
Indiana Code 15-19-7-17
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- race: means :
Indiana Code 15-19-3-3
- raw milk: means any milk or milk product, including butter, yogurt, cottage cheese, and cheese, from any species other than humans, that has not been pasteurized according to processes recognized by the United States Food and Drug Administration. See Indiana Code 15-19-7-17.5
- specialty pet: means a domesticated animal normally maintained in a cage or tank, including a gerbil, hamster, bird, fish, snake, and turtle. See Indiana Code 15-19-7-18
- ton: means a net weight of two thousand (2,000) pounds avoirdupois. See Indiana Code 15-19-7-20
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.