|Chapter 1||Liability for Dog Bites|
|Chapter 2||Livestock Killing Dogs|
|Chapter 3||Sale of Dogs to Laboratories|
|Chapter 4||Spay-Neuter Requirement for Animal Care Facilities|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 15 > Article 20
- animal care facility: refers to an animal care facility (as defined in IC 6-9-39-1) that has companion animals that are available for adoption. See Indiana Code 15-20-4-1
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- board: refers to the public highway private enterprise review board established by section 5 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-3-19-1
- companion animal: means a dog or a cat. See Indiana Code 15-20-4-2
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- department: means :
Indiana Code 4-3-19-2
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- owner: means the owner of a dog. See Indiana Code 15-20-1-2
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5