Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 15 > Article 20 > Chapter 1 - Liability for Dog Bites
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- owner: means the owner of a dog. See Indiana Code 15-20-1-2
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5