|Chapter 1||Indiana-Kentucky Boundary Compact|
|Chapter 2.2||Indiana-Michigan Boundary Line Commission|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 1 > Article 3
- appointing authority: refers to any of the following:
Indiana Code 2-5-41-1
- boundary county: refers to any of the following:
Indiana Code 1-3-2.2-1
- commission: refers to the Indiana-Michigan boundary line commission established by section 3 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 1-3-2.2-2
- committee: means the education interim study committee established by IC 2-5-1. See Indiana Code 2-5-43-1
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- host committee: refers to the special committee established in section 7(a) of this chapter. See Indiana Code 2-5-41-2
- house of representatives: refers to the house of representatives of the general assembly. See Indiana Code 2-5-41-3
- Minority leader: See Floor Leaders
- NCSL: refers to the National Conference of State Legislatures. See Indiana Code 2-5-41-4
- President pro tempore: A constitutionally recognized officer of the Senate who presides over the chamber in the absence of the Vice President. The President Pro Tempore (or, "president for a time") is elected by the Senate and is, by custom, the Senator of the majority party with the longest record of continuous service.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- senate: refers to the senate of the general assembly. See Indiana Code 2-5-41-5
- state coordinator: refers to a person employed or retained by the host committee as described in section 13(a) of this chapter. See Indiana Code 2-5-41-6
- task force: refers to the 21st century energy policy development task force established by section 2 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 2-5-45-1
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- workforce related program: has the meaning set forth in IC 22-4. See Indiana Code 2-5-42.4-1