Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 9 > Article 19 - Motor Vehicle Equipment
- airbag: means a motor vehicle inflatable occupant restraint system component that is part of a supplemental restraint system. See Indiana Code 9-19-10.5-0.2
- chaplain: means an individual who is appointed or officially designated to serve, with or without compensation, as a chaplain of either of the following:
Indiana Code 9-19-14.5-0.5
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- counterfeit supplemental restraint system component: means :
Indiana Code 9-19-10.5-0.4
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- program: refers to a program to inspect private buses established under section 3 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 9-19-22-2
- safety glazing materials: means glazing materials constructed, treated, or combined with other materials to reduce substantially, in comparison with ordinary sheet glass or plate glass, the likelihood of injury to persons by objects from exterior sources or by the safety glazing materials when the materials are cracked or broken. See Indiana Code 9-19-19-1
- supplemental restraint system: means a passive inflatable motor vehicle occupant crash protection system designed for use in conjunction with a seat belt assembly as defined in 49 C. See Indiana Code 9-19-10.5-1