Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 9 > Article 19 - Motor Vehicle Equipment
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- airbag: means a motor vehicle inflatable occupant restraint system component that is part of a supplemental restraint system. See Indiana Code 9-19-10.5-0.2
- chaplain: means an individual who is appointed or officially designated to serve, with or without compensation, as a chaplain of either of the following:
Indiana Code 9-19-14.5-0.5
- Clerk: means the clerk of the court or a person authorized to perform the clerk's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- counterfeit supplemental restraint system component: means :
Indiana Code 9-19-10.5-0.4
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Highway: includes county bridges and state and county roads, unless otherwise expressly provided. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- in writing: include printing, lithographing, or other mode of representing words and letters. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- program: refers to a program to inspect private buses established under section 3 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 9-19-22-2
- safety glazing materials: means glazing materials constructed, treated, or combined with other materials to reduce substantially, in comparison with ordinary sheet glass or plate glass, the likelihood of injury to persons by objects from exterior sources or by the safety glazing materials when the materials are cracked or broken. See Indiana Code 9-19-19-1
- supplemental restraint system: means a passive inflatable motor vehicle occupant crash protection system designed for use in conjunction with a seat belt assembly as defined in 49 CFR 571. See Indiana Code 9-19-10.5-1
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5