1. The board shall, on the petition of twenty-five percent of the resident property owners in a proposed district if the assessed valuation of the property owned by the petitioners represents at least twenty-five percent of the total assessed value of the proposed district, hold a public hearing concerning the establishment of a proposed district. The petition shall include a statement containing the following information:
a. The need for law enforcement service.
b. The district to be served.
c. The approximate number of families in the district.
d. The proposed personnel, equipment, and facilities to provide the law enforcement service.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 357D.2
- Board: means the board of supervisors of a county. See Iowa Code 357D.1
- District: means a benefited law enforcement district. See Iowa Code 357D.1
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- property: includes personal and real property. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. The board of supervisors may require a bond of the petitioners conditioned for the payment of all costs and expenses incurred in the proceedings in case the district is not established.