1. A satellite terminal shall not be established within this state except by a financial institution.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 527.4
- financial institution: means the same as defined in section 527. See Iowa Code 547A.1
- National Bank: A bank that is subject to the supervision of the Comptroller of the Currency. The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is a bureau of the U.S. Treasury Department. A national bank can be recognized because it must have "national" or "national association" in its name. Source: OCC
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. A financial institution may establish a satellite terminal at any location within this state. This subsection does not amend, modify, or supersede any provision of chapter 524 regulating the number or locations of bank offices of a state or national bank, or authorize the establishment by a financial institution of any offices or other facilities except satellite terminals at locations permitted by this subsection.
3. A financial institution whose licensed or principal place of business is not located in this state may establish, control, maintain, or operate any number of satellite terminals at any location within this state if all satellite terminals, wherever located, that are owned, controlled, maintained, or operated by the financial institution are available for use on a nondiscriminatory basis by any other financial institution which engages in electronic transactions in this state and by all customers who have minimum contact with this state and who have been designated by a financial institution using the satellite terminal and who have been provided with an access device, approved by the administrator, by which to engage in electronic transactions by means of the satellite terminal.