1. The superintendent shall supervise the board and manage the board’s budget and retained fees. The superintendent may exercise all authority conferred upon the board under this chapter and shall have access to all records and information to which the board has access. In supervising the board, the superintendent shall independently evaluate the substantive merits of actions recommended or proposed by the board which may be anticompetitive and shall have the authority to review, approve, modify, or reject all board actions including but not limited to those taken in connection with any of the following:
a. Initial or reciprocal certification of real estate appraisers, registration of associate real estate appraisers, and temporary practice permits.
b. Disciplinary investigations and proceedings.
c. Investigations and proceedings under section 543D.21.
d. Rulemaking, including orders on petitions for rulemaking.
e. Orders on petitions for declaratory orders or waivers or variances.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 543D.23
- Board: means the real estate appraiser examining board established pursuant to this chapter. See Iowa Code 543D.2
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Superintendent: means the superintendent of the division of banking of the department of commerce or the superintendent's designee. See Iowa Code 543D.2
2. A person aggrieved by any final action of the board taken under this chapter shall not have exhausted administrative remedies until the person has appealed the action to the superintendent and the superintendent has issued a final decision or order.
3. The superintendent shall adopt rules to implement this section.