1. The board shall establish and collect fees for certification, examination, reexamination, renewal of certification, and delinquency at an amount necessary to pay the administrative costs of sustaining the board and implementing this chapter. The fees shall include, but are not limited to, amounts to cover the costs for the following items:
a. Per diem, expenses, and travel expenses for board members, peer review committee persons, or disciplinary panel members.
b. Salary, per diem, and expenses of staff.
c. Office facilities, supplies, and equipment.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 543D.6
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Board: means the real estate appraiser examining board established pursuant to this chapter. See Iowa Code 543D.2
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Superintendent: means the superintendent of the division of banking of the department of commerce or the superintendent's designee. See Iowa Code 543D.2
2. All fees collected by the board shall be deposited into the department of commerce revolving fund created in section 546.12 and are appropriated to the superintendent on behalf of the board to be used to administer this chapter, including but not limited to purposes such as examinations, investigations, and administrative staffing. Notwithstanding section 8.33, moneys retained by the superintendent pursuant to this section are not subject to reversion to the general fund of the state. However, the appraisal management company national registry fees the board collects on behalf of the appraisal subcommittee as defined in section 543E.3 shall be transmitted to the appraisal subcommittee in accordance with federal laws and regulations.