A person shall not offer or sell a membership camping contract in this state unless one of the following is applicable:
1. The membership camping contract is covered by a membership camping registration as provided in this chapter.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 557B.2
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Membership camping contract: means an agreement offered or sold within this state evidencing a purchaser's right to use a campground of a membership camping operator for more than thirty days during the term of the agreement. See Iowa Code 557B.1
- Offer: means an inducement, solicitation, or attempt to encourage a person to acquire a membership camping contract. See Iowa Code 557B.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. The membership camping contract or the transaction is exempted under section 557B.4.