1. If either the mortgagor, or successor in interest of record including a contract purchaser, within thirty days of service of the notice pursuant to section 655A.3, files with the recorder of the county where the mortgaged property is located, a rejection of the notice reasonably identifying the notice which is rejected together with proofs of service required under section 655A.4 that the rejection has been served on the mortgagee, the notice served upon the mortgagor pursuant to section 655A.3 is of no force or effect.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 655A.6
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Mortgagee: The person to whom property is mortgaged and who has loaned the money.
- mortgagor: include a successor in interest. See Iowa Code 655A.3
- Mortgagor: The person who pledges property to a creditor as collateral for a loan and who receives the money.
- property: includes personal and real property. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form. See Iowa Code 651.1
2. Rejection of notice pursuant to subsection 1 shall not be available to a mortgagor, or successor in interest of record including a contract purchaser, of a mortgaged property that a court of competent jurisdiction determined has been abandoned pursuant to section 657A.2, on or after the date as determined in section 657A.2, subsection 5.