Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 16-309
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
Any person, association, partnership, firm or corporation shall be doing business in this state if they: Are in any way involved in or connected with the negotiation of any contract; enter into any contract as seller or are to perform any service or services covered by any such contract; receive, either as payee or as agent or as a bailment, any money paid by a purchaser on any contract; or solicit any resident of this state while such resident is in this state. If any nonresident person, association, partnership, firm or corporation is doing such business in this state, they shall be subject to the personal service of process outside this state as provided by K.S.A. 60-308.