Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 65-6809
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
(a) There is hereby established in the state treasury the health care database fee fund. The secretary of health and environment shall remit to the state treasurer, in accordance with the provisions of K.S.A. 75-4215, and amendments thereto, all moneys collected or received by the secretary from the following sources:
(1) Fees collected under K.S.A. 65-6804, and amendments thereto;
(2) moneys received by the secretary in the form of gifts, donations or grants;
(3) interest attributable to investment of moneys in the fund; and
(4) any other moneys provided by law.
Upon receipt of each such remittance, the state treasurer shall deposit the entire amount in the state treasury to the credit of the health care database fee fund.
(b) Moneys deposited in the health care database fee fund shall be expended to supplement maintenance costs of the database, provide technical assistance and training in the proper use of health care data and provide funding for dissemination of information from the database to the public.
(c) On or before the 10th of each month, the director of accounts and reports shall transfer from the state general fund to the health care database fee fund interest earnings based on:
(1) The average daily balance of moneys in the health care database fee fund for the preceding month; and
(2) the net earnings rate of the pooled money investment portfolio for the preceding month.
(d) All expenditures from the health care database fee fund shall be made in accordance with appropriation acts upon warrants of the director of accounts and reports issued pursuant to vouchers approved by the secretary of health and environment or the secretary’s designee for the purposes set forth in this section.