An ombudsman shall have access to all records and documents kept by the department of health and environment, the Kansas department for children and families and the Kansas department for aging and disability services which relate to facilities and concern the following matters: (a) Licensure of facilities; (b) certification of facilities; (c) public funding reimbursement for care of residents of facilities; (d) utilization and medical review records; and (e) complaints regarding care of residents of facilities. The provisions of this section shall not apply to a volunteer ombudsman.