Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes 30:2374
- Facility: means the physical premises used by the owner or operator in which the hazardous materials are manufactured, used, or stored. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 30:2363
- Inventory form: means the reporting form adopted by the department, and completed by owners and operators, which contains certain requested information on hazardous materials and which is used in developing the information system mandated by this Chapter. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 30:2363
- Owner or operator: means any person, partnership, or corporation in the state including, unless otherwise stated, the state and local government, or any of its agencies, authorities, departments, bureaus, or instrumentalities engaged in business or research operations which use, manufacture, emit, or store a hazardous material at a facility. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 30:2363
- Retail gas station: means a retail facility engaged in selling gasoline or diesel fuel primarily to the public, for use in land-based motor vehicles. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 30:2363
A. An annual fee shall be submitted with the inventory form by each owner or operator required to report under this Chapter. The fee shall be assessed in proportion to the number of hazardous materials manufactured, used, or stored on site.
B.(1) The fees for facilities not meeting the definition of “small business” in R.S. 30:2363 shall be assessed as follows:
Number of Hazardous Materials
Present at Facility
01 to 25
26 to 75
76 to 100
(2) Any facility required to pay a fee pursuant to this Section and any retail gas station exempt from reporting pursuant to R.S. 30:2370 shall not be required to pay an additional fee to the local emergency planning committee other than the fees already imposed by the local emergency planning committee for the collection of information required by this Chapter.
(3) In the case of owners or operators reporting facilities with numbers of hazardous materials referenced above at multiple locations throughout the state, no owner or operator shall be assessed total fees in excess of two thousand dollars.
(4) The fee per facility for small businesses as defined in this Chapter shall not exceed twenty-five dollars.
Acts 1985, No. 435, §1, eff. July 11, 1985; Acts 1987, No. 347, §1; Acts 1992, No. 540, §1; Acts 1992, No. 984, §9; Acts 1997, No. 1046, §1; Acts 1999, No. 771, §1; Acts 1999, No. 1166, §1, eff. July 9, 1999; Acts 2001, No. 1087, §1; Acts 2003, No. 331, §1; Acts 2008, No. 884, §1.