Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes 39:16.1
- Agency: means any state office, department, board, commission, institution, division, officer or other person, or functional group, heretofore existing or hereafter created, that is authorized to exercise, or that does exercise, any functions of the government of the state in the executive branch, but not any governing body or officer of any local government or subdivision of the state, or any parochial officer who exercises functions coterminous with the municipality in which he performs those functions. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 39:2
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of administration. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 39:16.1
- Functions: means duties, jurisdiction, powers, rights, and obligations, conferred or imposed upon, or vested in, any agency by law, or exercised, performed, or discharged by any agency without contravention of any provision of law. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 39:2
- person: includes a body of persons, whether incorporated or not. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 1:10
As used in this Subpart, the following words, terms, and phrases shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Section:
(1) “Commissioner” means the commissioner of administration.
(2) “Contract” means all types of state agreements, regardless of what the agreements may be called, of state agencies, including orders, grants, and documents purporting to represent grants which are for the purchase or disposal of supplies, services, major repairs, or any other item. “Contract” shall include awards and notices of award, contracts of a fixed-price, cost, cost-plus-a-fixed-fee, or incentive type; contracts providing for the issuance of job or task orders; leases; letter contracts; purchase orders; memoranda of understanding between a state agency and a nonstate entity; cooperative endeavor agreements between a state agency and a nonstate entity; incentive expenditure documentation; and personal, professional, consulting, and social services contracts.
(3) “Incentive expenditure” shall have the meaning ascribed to it in R.S. 39:2.
(4) “State agency” solely for the purposes of this Subpart means any state office, department, board, commission, institution, division, officer or other person, or functional group, heretofore existing or hereafter created, that is authorized to exercise, or that does exercise, any functions of the government of the state in the executive, legislative, or judicial branch, including higher education agencies, and state retirement systems.
Acts 2018, 2nd Ex. Sess., No. 1, §1, eff. July 1, 2018.